Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My First Sweater!!


I finally managed to get some pictures of my FIRST sweater, the dollar and a half cardigan by Veronik Avery
A beautiful cardigan with lace sections alternated with reverse stockinette stitch (the purl/bumpy sides out) and a giant cable running the length of of the right side.

I love how cozy the CotLin yarn is. It's nice and light weight and will be great to wear in the fall and spring. It is shedding just a little bit but I think that when I wash it it should break in and soften really nicely. I love the way the fabric buttons look! They are a great and easy way to personalize your project. I got a ton on sale at Joanns a couple weeks ago so I'm sure they will be on lots of projects in the future.

So cute! The fabric I choose has little squirrels and foxes on it frolicking through autumn colored leaves. Perfect for fall!

When it starts to get cooler I know that this sweater will be seeing a lot of wear. It's such a creamy buttery yellow that looks great with gray- my favorite color. Overall I'm glad to be done with my first sweater and I can't wait to keep knitting more.


2 comments:

  1. Ohh I love it! I'm so glad you got that pesky shoulder issue taken care of! I brought my $1.50 to NYC with me, I love it just that much. Great job lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoulders are great! And now I have mastered the three needle bind off. I got a ton of practice!

    ReplyDelete