Monday, April 23, 2012

Knitting & Crochet Blog Week: Day One

Although I've made an effort to participate in Knitting and Crocheting blog week in the past, this year I'm really going balls to the wall, aka, actually doing it. Although there will be a mid week interruption. Don't worry-- It's good! Promise!

Without further ado. Today's prompt:

Colour Lovers
Colour is one of our greatest expressions of ourselves when we choose to knit or crochet, so how do you choose what colours you buy and crochet or knit with. Have a look through your stash and see if there is a predominance of one colour. Do the same with your finished projects - do they match? Do you love a rainbow of bright hues, or more subdued tones. How much attention do you pay to the original colour that a garment is knit in when you see a pattern? Tell readers about your love or confusion over colour.

If you've ever meet me a day in your life you know that I have two favorite colors. Grey and Yellow. In that order. A peruse through my ravelry queue will show you this. I OFTEN find myself being drawn to projects simply because the sample is knit in a beautiful beautiful mustard. (Here's looking at you: Wickerwork , Levinwick, and Jekyll and Hyde) Sometimes this can be great, but recently I am trying to push myself into looking past the color or styling of a sample and really envisioning it in my life or on myself.

I find myself drawn to warm colors over cool colors (I discovered this when I sorted my stash by warm and cool and weight. I had the most of worsted weight warm colors.) Recently I've been trying to branch out beyond my "normal" colors so keep an eye out for some "cooler" colored FO's soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment