Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Knit Along: Week 4

Week 4 is hustling along right along over here. Make Up Your Mind is going swimmingly.


Working on the third band in the linen stitch. A deceptively simple stitch to knit it is wonderful looking and I already have some ideas floating around of how to work it into some other projects. This stitch is also much tighter than the previous ones so it starts to give the waist a little shape before you actually start decreasing stitches.

Over all it's coming along quite nicely. I love how the stitch changes keep you on your toes and although it is a little looser and softer than I really care for I'm sure that the final project is going to come out very cohesive.

Unfortunately I'm still behind on the Loop Tank and haven't done ANYTHING AT ALL this week, well so far that is. This will be quickly changing in the next day. Tonight I'm leaving Chicago to drive up to Minneapolis and then on Saturday morning leaving Minneapolis to drive up to northern Minnesota. I'm going to spend the entire knitting, relaxing, reading, knitting, swimming, hiking, knitting and just generally having a great time. Another perk of this vacation? No internet. I'll actually be on an island all week, living it up rustic style. So although I will miss next weeks posts I'll be sure to update when I get back to the cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment