Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!



2013 was a hard year for me.

I got divorced, I settled back into living in Minneapolis, I settled into living with my parents, I changed careers. 

some of those things I talked about here, some of those things I didn't, more often than not I wasn't really here. 

I knit, some, some of which I documented, some of which I didn't. But I wasn't as focused or nearly as organized or PRESENT as I would have liked. 

So I'm embracing 2014 with the gusto and love of a new best friend. 

I've got all kinds of plans and lists and ideas, and everything's just bubbling beneath the surface. Everything's waiting to come out. 

Last year I had all these ideas of what I was going to do craft wise. Most of them I didn't accomplish. 

I wrote this in the back of my journal last year:
  • Do more with less
  • Care for myself
  • Take Action
  • Look in, not out 


and I think I've meet those goals much more fully. 

so 2014. I think I'm keeping the same short list, with a few additions.  I want to remember to dream, and laugh, I want to be better at managing my money. I want to not sweat the small stuff, to be my best self, to love. 

Here's to a new year and a new start! 

2 comments:

  1. Cheers to a fresh start in the new year! I love what the changing of a calendar year enables us to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Your list is great, and inspirational. I might have to take some of those ideas for myself. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete