Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christmas Round Up: More Lace

Christmas Present Round Up continues

I went a little crazy with the lace weight this year. If you would have told me three years ago that I would be knitting a lace weight SCARF, I would have slapped you across the face and called you crazy.


But when I saw the Crooked Little Scarf Pattern by Anne Hanson of Knitspot I knew that it would be the perfect sophisticated and stylish gift my step dad would love. So I ordered two skeins of Knit Picks Shadow Lace and got to knitting in September.


Normally this pattern is knit on size 2 needles because of my normally loosey goosey gauge I knit it on size 0 needles. I knit the larger version (it's slightly wider) and instead of counting my repeats just knit until the size looked long enough. The lace pattern was easy enough to memorize most of it. Although I won't knit a lace pattern, even a simple one, without the pattern out because I'm nervous I will screw it up.


It turned out beautiful. A perfect man knit. Simple and Elegant. Soft and cuddly, just the thing thing to wrap around your neck this cold winter. I would only recommend tackling this project for someone you really really love.

2 comments: