Tuesday, January 17, 2012

FO: Fiona's Slouchy Socks

You might remember these socks from awhile back. I re-purposed yarn that my sister in law gave me last Christmas into a beautiful gift for my sister THIS Christmas.


Loosely basing these off a few other toe up sock patterns I've made before I learned a very important lesson about WRITING DOWN your stitch counts. One sock ended up signifigently larger than the other. Whoops!

 
I purposfully had left these large so they would be slouchy and cute to wear with boots or sneakers knowning my sister's style. So I left one slightly larger than the other knowing that she would just roll with the punches. Sizing issues aside, I love how the variegated yarn compliments but doesn't match. It was a wonderful yarn to work with and due to the generous skein size I still have a little left to play around with. There might just be a tiny pair of socks in the works to match these grownup ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment