Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fiona's Two Boyfriends

I just got back tonight from nice little jaunt to Minneapolis to visit my family. It was great to see everyone and I was able to hand out some very very belated holiday gifts.


For my sister Fiona I knit up the Two Boyfriends Cardigan by Allyson, over at The Sweatshop of Love. One of her original designs it is a simple and easy to knit top down over sized cardigan but she keeps it fresh and fun by having each side a different color. A favorite color for each of your boyfriends. get it?

The stripes and color combo look like they were designed for Fiona. Just her style! I love the pockets and the buttons. I found the button's at Steven B's Yarn Garage which I visited with my mom and will post about next time. It was really fun, just like those buttons!



I've never made something that was so perfectly fit for the person. I wasn't so sure about it as I was packing it up to take but the moment she put it on it fit her perfectly and was so her style. She even loved that I had used blue and orange stripes on the pockets (I had run out of brown yarn).

I also gave my dad his "turtle" as he calls them. Essentially a cowl. A nice neck warmer for those Minnesotan winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment