Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Vogue Knitting Live 2013


Ok, It didn't take me a year, but man, it sure did take awhile. 
Without further ado. Vogue Knitting Live 2013! 


This year for VKL I wasn't just heading over as a local, I was actually traveling all the way from Minneapolis. It was a great excuse to go and visit some of my friends but let me tell you, I got some strange looks when I told people I was going to Chicago for a knitting convention.

Allyson put together a wonderful craft swap I got to pop into when I was in town. Who could resist that cheese spread?!
I also feel like these tea sandwiches really speak to how adult this whole affair felt. Tea sandwiches! How adult! 
I was lucky enough to stay with my friend Laura, who also comes along with one of my favorite four legged friends, Droopy. 

It wouldn't be a trip to Chicago for me without at least one stop for late night taco's. I've got plenty of favorites but these are just from a small Mexican place around the corner from my old apartment. 

The whole city seemed to be in the yarn mood. This was some street art from the northside. 

In hindsight I didn't take a lot of photos at the actual convention, although the lecture I took on Icelandic knitting from Ragga was awesome! I AM glad that one of the photos I DID take was of the American Girl doll clothing exhibit, because come one guys - American Girl Dolls. 

With that! I had a great time and I'm only a little embarrassed by how long this took me to get up. Here's to next year (hopefully)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment