Thursday, February 28, 2013

FO: Mama's Birthday Hat


Yesterday was my mom's birthday. I picked up this skien of Malabrigo about a year ago, not knowing what I was going to make with it but I knew it was perfect for her. 




When I found Melissa LaBarre's Crooked Paths hat, I knew it was a fit.  Just a little slouchy, with a great lace pattern, I knew my mom would love it.


It came out great. The crown shaping didn't really come through but that was mostly because I was a dum dum and didn't clearly read the pattern. The body of the hat looks great though and it was nice to see how fast it knit up on size 8 needles. It's been awhile since I've worked on anything in worsted weight! A nice change from my size 4's I've been gripping onto. Luckily she loves it and I know she'll get some use out of it - we still have a couple more months of winter here in Minnesota!

No comments:

Post a Comment