Monday, June 21, 2010

old lady tendancies

As an avid knitter I have always been beffudled and scared of crocheting. just one needle?!! What do I do with my hands? 

well a few hours of homework induced boredom and this tutorial later last night I taught myself how to make granny squares.


These adorable little squares of color can be made into anything from afghans to slippers. 




Already today I've knit five of these suckers up, they are like little yarn crack. supper easy, quick and addictive to make.

The yarn I'm using is the Stitch Nation yarn by Debbie Stoller, It is manufactured by Red Heart and available at Michael's and Joann's.  At $4.99 a skein its a great buy for the quality. I picked up two skeins of the Bamboo Ewe, a blend of bamboo and wool fibers. It is super soft and silky feeling. The color selection is fabulous, I picked out a wonderful turquoise blue and a soft robins egg blue. I have a sneaking suspicion that these might just end up as a blanket for someone special.

No comments:

Post a Comment