Monday, April 5, 2010

scarves

I'm terribly backlogged in keeping up with my current knit inventory so you should see a lot of projects filter through here in the next couple weeks.

this is not the worst thing as I've had very little time to work on anything new because I've been so busy with school and work. The last half of the semester is always like a rat race and it feels particularly speedy this year.

Although scarves are my least favorite thing to knit (they take forever, they're pretty boring and they don't travel well- not very compact when you just keep going and going on forever- everyone seems to want long scarves these days ) I made quite a few of them as gifts over the holidays (and beyond- the list seems never ending some days!)

This was one of my favorites as it was for my mother.
She bought me this beautiful hand dyed and spun skein of wool about five years ago and it sat forgotten in the bottom of my yarn basket until I was pawing through it looking for gift ideas for this year.

It was so exciting to make something for someone with yarn they had given me. plus i couldn't imagine anyone else rocking this lovely orange color as well as my mama.



it was kind of pain to knit up because it was so bulky and I had a fairly limited supply. I ended up casting on about four stitches on size 35 needles and just knitting until I ran out of yarn. It's on the shorter side, which I don't care for with scarves but for a nice pop of color in the spring I think it is perfect.



Up next is a set of arm warmers that my brothers girl friend requested back in JANUARY! luckily they're done and just waiting for me to get my behind to a post office. I also have another set of arm warmers I'm working on for a lovely someone. Here's hoping I can find some time to work on them on top of my 12 page paper due this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment