Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Rengade Craft Fair

Life has been so busy around these parts recently that I have lots to catch up on!

Two weeks ago Renegade Craft Fair was in Chicago. I'm lucky to live a few blocks from where it's held so my friends Tara and Alicia and I wandered over and checked it out.

First up on the list (and always number one on MY list): FOOD



I was intrigued by something called BACON SAUSAGE. It was DEEELLLICCCCOOOUSSSSS. Imagine the savory goodness of bacon in a sausage form. Served with grilled onions on a pretzel roll and a side of creamy slaw. yum.


Following the savory with some sweet I tried Puffs of Doom. I went all out with an home made apple ice cream, stuffed puff, complete with whip cream, a cherry and homemade caramel drizzled on top.

Fully fueled we hit to the street and started checking out the rest of the wears. aka. ART.

We stopped by the Lillstreet booth and made ourselves some hand stamped metal pendent necklaces.

Tara tried on a gorgeous ring from DollyBird

We swung by the Vouge Knitting Live booth where I entered Allyson and myself to win tickets and a class from Vogue Knitting Live (which will be in Chicago October 26-28.) In very exciting news I actually ended up winning free admission to the market place so my vogue knitting live experience just got way cheaper!!!


There was an enthusiastic barber who was offering free hair cuts to passer-by's. Barbers choice, of course.

and I treated myself to something from Sally Harmless. Who's work I've been admiring on Etsy for a long, long time. I was so happy to stumble upon her shop. There may have been an argument over who could purchase the last knitting narwhal print (hint: I didn't win) But I'm so happy that this little guy made it home with me. Just what I need these days (and probably all days.)


Overall I was really happy with the selection and vendors at Renegade this year. It was great to get out, walk around, poke around, look at some art, eat some things and spend some time with friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment